Thursday, June 5, 2014

2014 Garden update

Sunnyside Neighborhood Ass'n Garden

Nothing too exciting has happened in the garden, other than most are planted, most are fenced, and we've got a mower on site.

We sort of maybe have a water agreement with the neighbors to the west. I hear they plan to move this summer, so that will be great....having to renegotiate a water agreement either with the landlord or with the new tenants.

I planted peas, onions, dill, tomatoes, 4 or 5 different peppers, taters, and 4 different squash (including zucchini). I was last over there on Saturday, and some onions were coming up. We got some decent rain over the weekend, and again tonight, so I'm sure I need to hoe and rake.

Here at home I've planted some flowers, just annuals, since it seems perennials don't like me. (other than iris, peony, lilac and that rose bush). My iris are blooming now, kind of a light blue. I didn't really see my lilac bloom, my bush needs trimmed terribly bad. I may plant a rhubarb between my peonies, see how that goes.

I'm going to plant a bunch of flowers at the garden, maybe next year if all goes well, I'll leverage a friend and use her little greenhouse to start my own plants from seeds...I just don't get enough sun here to do stuff like that....and I prefer it that way, keeps my house cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment