The first tomato was actually over-ripe by a day or 2. The elusive little bugger was way inside the plant, dead center. Hard to get out, but worth it, because even though it was over-ripe, it was still good. Roma, in case you were wondering.
I washed it with water, sliced it, sprinkled some salt and pepper on it and ate it. I chased it with some raw peas also picked today, about the 3rd (small) harvest of peas.
Overall, the gardens look good...except mine, of course. Mine is still half crab grass, which looks terrible. Luckily, it's at the end where only one other gardener has to look at.
my "bush" squash plants are both looking great, with a couple of squashes on each. My peppers look good, all 5 are loaded with peppers, sadly the 4 that are not spicy hot are just little bells, so I hope they ripen to not green.
We got a nice rain last night and today, so everything will grow some more. yay.
More good news: 2 gardeners have mentioned mowing the grass at the garden, but one has an electric mower, and of course since there is no house, there's no power. The other person has a new car and isn't willing to put her mower in it. I understand that. (What I don't understand is why she doesn't just push the thing over like I do.) (I guess I live a little closer) But the point is that they seem to care. Thanks, ladies...I appreciate that. maybe I'll mow this week...it looks pretty terrible.
I washed it with water, sliced it, sprinkled some salt and pepper on it and ate it. I chased it with some raw peas also picked today, about the 3rd (small) harvest of peas.
Overall, the gardens look good...except mine, of course. Mine is still half crab grass, which looks terrible. Luckily, it's at the end where only one other gardener has to look at.
my "bush" squash plants are both looking great, with a couple of squashes on each. My peppers look good, all 5 are loaded with peppers, sadly the 4 that are not spicy hot are just little bells, so I hope they ripen to not green.
We got a nice rain last night and today, so everything will grow some more. yay.
More good news: 2 gardeners have mentioned mowing the grass at the garden, but one has an electric mower, and of course since there is no house, there's no power. The other person has a new car and isn't willing to put her mower in it. I understand that. (What I don't understand is why she doesn't just push the thing over like I do.) (I guess I live a little closer) But the point is that they seem to care. Thanks, ladies...I appreciate that. maybe I'll mow this week...it looks pretty terrible.
No comments:
Post a Comment